Colostrum is a liquid initially secreted by the mammary gland of all mammals before real milk is produced after about 24/48 hours after birth.
It is very dense, yellowish, rich in highly digestible proteins, mineral salts and vitamins.
Its task in nature is to provide the entire memory of the immune system by activating it, to maintain the vitality of the body by providing the right nourishment and to avoid the accumulation of potentially harmful substances that can damage it.
Repeated experiments have shown that, thanks to its good contents in Immunoglobiline (IgA, IgG and IgM), antimicrobial molecules (Lysozyme, Lactoperoxidase, Protease inhibitors and lactofferrin which competes for its affinity to Fe with iron-dependent microorganisms by subtracting it ) as well as substances with an immunostimulating action (interferon and cytokines) representing an important transfer tool for passive immunity.
Peculiarity of goat colostrum is that it contains other particularly interesting substances including growth factors (GH, IGF I and II), IGF (insulin-like growth factor) peptide hormones with anabolic properties; also the polyamines and the GLP1 and GLP2 molecules, for which many studies have shown their importance in supporting a stabilization action of the intestinal barrier (at the level of the tight junctions), improving the repair capacity of the gastro-intestinal tissue.Finally, the content of essential aminoacids (taurine) allows colostrum to exert an important antioxidant action capable of contributing to the prevention of intestinal injuries by free radicals.
Many scientific studies done:
- in the regulation of allergic and anti-inflammatory response
- In various digestive problems such as gastritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, functional diarrhea, intestinal dysbiosis, colitis, malabsorption syndromes
- in the pancreatic response in insulin resistance
- in providing energy for increased athletic performance and in involving the improvement of lean mass at the expense of fat.
- in cases of low immune system or with decifit
- in countering delays in growth in assisting the states of convalescence and aging